Rehab Heathkit MT-1 and RT-1

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 4 18:08:01 EDT 2008

By chance do you mean the MR-1 Comanche receiver and the MT-1 Cheyenne transmitter?  As far as I know Heath did not make an RT-1 and none is listed in Penson's book.

One thing is that the dial drums have a pretty good chance of being cracked/broken.  This is VERY common on most of the Heath amateur radio equipment that used this type of dial.  I do manufacture replacement drums for many of the Heath equipment.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

--- On Mon, 8/4/08, Louis Ciotti <lciotti1 at TWCNY.RR.COM> wrote:

From: Louis Ciotti <lciotti1 at TWCNY.RR.COM>

I want to completly rehab my old MT-1 and RT-1 radios.  I may have posted about this before, but don't rememeber.  This will be my firs rehab, and do not wnat to "screw" up.  I guess I am looking at what I should do, and whoat I shouldn't do.  My main goal is to get these operating like they were new.