RCA AR-88 receiver on eBay

Mike Langner mlangner at SWCP.COM
Tue Aug 26 17:42:07 EDT 2008

Hello everyone !

Earlier this year UPS "lost" an RCA-AR-88 receiver that I shipped.

Strange -- the crate was found within a UPS facility with the screws
unscrewed.

Assuming this listserver will pass pictures, I've attached photos of the
radio I shipped, with its odd assortment of wrong knobs and a mark in the
center top of the front panel where a Dymo or similar label left some
adhesive.

The radio on eBay and the one that UPS "lost" appear to be the same radio.
I cannot, and will not say that it is, since I cannot examine the eBay
listed radio.

According to the vendor, he cannot tell me where the radio came from "due to
a confidentiality agreement," but he assures me it was obtained properly.  I
make no accusation.

Still, the exact nature of the odd knobs and the mark on the front panel are
interesting !!

If the pictures don't come through, I'll be happy to email them to anyone
interested in looking at them.

73 !

Mike/
K5MGR