Tetrodes as Triodes

Wilson Lamb infomet at EMBARQMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 27 09:25:43 EDT 2008

In recent reading of old literature I have come across talk of 4-400s and
6l6s used as triodes.  If anyone has references to these I'd appreciate
getting them.  Naturally I can't find them now.  The 6L6 application was as
a speech amp for driving class B modulators.  The triode lowers the P-P
impedance and improves regulation.  There is some concern about excessive
screen current, especially in the big tubes.
Thanks,
Wilson