[Boatanchors] Ebay problems

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Thu Aug 28 11:10:08 EDT 2008

Ebay has definitely become impossible and appears to be in a death
spiral caused by the new CEO John Donahoe who took over in March. He
worked for Bain in the past which is a company that send's it's people
in to "fix" and restructure other companies i.e layoff, sell-off, etc.
Mitt Romney is another from Bain and that was how he made his fortune.
The company I was laid off from in 2001 (a spin off of Motorola
Semiconductor) was also was also "worked over by people from Bain.

Here are some sites to look at with regards to what is going
on with news with ebay.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/portal.php

http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl

http://seekingalpha.com/article/91872-ebay-introduces-new-listing-type?source=yahoo

http://www.200westmain.com/eBay/Tying.htm

Not related to the above but very useful.

To look at a person's negative/neutral feedback only without having to
dig through all feedback, use this link

http://toolhaus.org/

Ebay is driving off sellers to turn it into an Amazon. John Donahoe said
back earlier this year that small sellers were "noise". Every price
reduction they have announced has resulted in higher fees. They news
stories tout lower listing fees but never mention that the final value
fees have increased significantly.

As of this year, the site is full of glitches and things do not work.
Changes have been put in place without telling anyone and they don't
always work.

My biggest issue is the "forced paypal" which is coming in October. I
have never trusted paypal after all of the horror stories I have heard.
Money orders, cashier's check and personal checks have worked fine for
me for 10 years.

They tried to force paypal only on the Australian Sellers a few months
ago. The Aussies took it to their government and ebay lost big time.

Dave N7RK
Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector