It looks like Heathkit manuals are no longer available for download on BAMA or any other sites. Copyright issues.

Jeff Thompson thompsonxx at YAHOO.COM
Sat Dec 13 19:07:03 EST 2008

Check it uou at http://sc
Check the prices...not too cheap I'm afraid.

Check it uou at http://sc2.vom.com/d8/index.fwx?C=MANUALS

Jeff
KI4VGD

----- Original Message ----
From: john <johnmb at NC.RR.COM>
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 6:56:10 PM
Subject: Re: It looks like Heathkit manuals are no longer available for download on BAMA or any other sites. Copyright issues.

As much as I like getting things for free, the rights to the documentation belonged to Heath Corporation.  They decided to sell them, and the new owner bought them and can do what they wish with them.  Perhaps the prices of the manuals will be quite reasonable..who knows?  In any event,  Heath decided not to "donate" them to the public domain.  I suppose if everyone on the Heath reflector wanted to chip in 20 bucks we probably could have bought them too (again, they sold on Ebay), but I suspect that would not have actually happened either.

Free is nice, but I'm not sure it's realistic, given that Heath itself decided NOT to give them to the public domain.

BTW, I have no association with the buyer, but he's a heck of a nice guy who has helped me with my weather station problems.  I'd put away the flaming crosses and the nooses for the time being.

John K5MO