National 2M AM frequency?

Perry Ballinger w8au at SSSNET.COM
Tue Jan 1 23:02:49 EST 2008

At 07:29 PM 1/1/2008, Mike Langner wrote:
>So -- could someone on the list please tell me if there is a (or are
>several) suggested AM 2 meter frequencies that I should request from our
>Coordinator?

The National AM freq WAS 144.4, but the thoughtless intrusion of APRS digital
packets on 144.39 ruined this for typical AM receiver bandwidths.

The consensus AM channel is now 144.45.  Very active in NE Ohio.

AND... why bother the "frequency coordinator" about this?  Has nothing
to do with FM repeater coordination.  Just do it!

Perry  w8au