GB> VHF AM - Is there a "National AM Simplex Frequency on 2 Meters?

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Wed Jan 2 20:33:56 EST 2008

I could find no documented evidence of an AM National Calling Frequency
of 144.45 MHz, or any other 2 meter frequency.
If you go to www.amwindow.org it lists geographical 2 meter typical
frequencies:
144.4 MHz (Northwest)
144.425 MHz (MA)
144.28 MHz NY/Long Island
144.45 MHz (CA)
144.265 MHz (Los Angeles, CA)
If you then go to where typical AM Net frequencies are listed, you will
see an even wider listings of 2 meter AM frequencies. 144.45 MHz does not
seem to be every ones choice.
http://www.amwindow.org/nets/netfreq.htm

Further, the ARRL band plan lists 144.3 to 144.5 MHz as a "New Oscar
Subband".  So, given the "considerate operators guide" do you really want
to operate AM on an uplink or downlink OSCAR satellite frequency.
Generally, SSB can be found operating between 144.15 to 144.250 MHz
during non contest activities. 144.250 to 144.275 MHz is generally dead
of any activity in most areas.

Pete, wa2cwa