Collins QSL card artwork

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 8 19:33:54 EST 2008

I have just finished posting on my website the artwork
for making reproductions of the QSL cards that Collins
Radio furnished to employees in the late 1950s and in
the mid to late 1960s.

Artwork for the 1950s version is at

http://k9sth.com/uploads/50s_final.JPG

and the artwork for the 1960s version is at

http://k9sth.com/uploads/60s_final.JPG

I know that there were other versions as well.
However, I do not have any examples of these in my
collection of cards that I received over the years.
The 1950s version was from one that I received a
couple of years after I was first licensed and the
1960s card was one that I got when I was first
employed by Collins Radio in 1967.  The quality of the
1950s card is definitely superior to the 1960s card.
The 1950s card was printed on glossy card stock with
high quality graphics.  My 1960s card was printed on
Bristol board (non coated card stock) and the only
graphic was the Collins "meatball".

Artwork is also available for several other "olde
tyme" QSL cards including the Walter Ashe, WRL "My QTH
is", and several different versions of the General
Electric "From the log of".  Those can be found from
links on

http://k9sth.com/Page_2.html

Feel free to use the artwork.

Glen, K9STH