Variac

L.G. Robertson digital-conjurers at ROADRUNNER.COM
Thu Jan 31 19:59:51 EST 2008

At 01:30 PM 01/31/2008, you wrote:
>I have come to the opinion that I should just plan on changing the
>electrolytics for new ones even before I bring up the radio. Haste makes
>waste. If the cap(s) don't fail now they will probably fail pretty soon so
>just go ahead and change them out right at the start.
>
>Bob, WA2CKY

Same here, after 40 years of fooling with 'em...you can get away with
reforming them _sometimes_...but it still makes me a tad nervous to run a
rig with reformed electrolytics....it's always in the back of your
mind...so I mostly just replace them; they're usually not too expensive.

But transfomers ARE.

-Lin/KJ6EF