[ Re: Atomic Clock]

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at LMCENG.COM
Mon Jul 21 18:20:28 EDT 2008

Actually, your clock syncs to WWVB on 60 KHz, usually once per day in
the early morning hours.

VERY few of these clocks can be set GMT or zero time zone offset. MFJ
offers one they say can be set to zero offset but that particular clock
cannot be set to turn off DST correction, so the clock will not show GMT
throughout a year.

The only "atomic" clock I have found that can successfully be set to GMT
is a LaCrosse Technology Model WS-8016U. I have purchased several of
these and they all correctly display GMT throughout the year.

There may be other clock models that will display GMT. If so, I would
like to know of them as well.

These clocks were made for the United States and its four time zones. I
believe such clocks made for Europe have more flexibility but the
receiver in those is not tuned to 60 KHz for WWVB. I'd be very surprised
if there is a means to modify the clock you mention to display time
without a US time zone offset.

Larry

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, CA  (20 miles southeast of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)