DX100B

Meir-WF2U wf2u at WS19OPS.COM
Sat Mar 15 04:47:23 EDT 2008

How can be that DX-100B in fantastic condition when the VFO is described as
"drifty"? Those Heath VFO's if working correctly and after a warm-up period
are among the least drifty VFO's in classic rigs.
If the VFO is drifty, maybe a repair would be in order first before
declaring that the rig is in fantastic condition... Maybe cosmetically but
surely not electronically.

73, Meir WF2U
Landrum, SC

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Bob Peters
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 9:22 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: DX100B

.... I have FOR SALE a DX-100B in fantastic condition. On a 10
scale it is a 9.5 at least. Has PTT, Full output, Modulation has been
checked on an AM Mod monitor and it will modulate at 100% without
negative peaks. I got this transmitter about 3 years ago from Jeff W0XV.
I will supply 3 Xtals with it a 3,880,85 and 90. The VFO is drifty so I
always use xtals." It can be shipped but would prefer a pick up in
Mesquite,TX. I will drive and meet up to 100 Miles. A picture can be
seen on my website www.w1pe.com or on QRZ. Yell at me off line at
rwpeters at swbell.net or at 972-288-9911 before 2130 CDT. Price is $400.00
FIRM and well worth it. It has been operated daily.

Very Best 73's
Bob W1PE
The Voice of Mesquite
www.w1pe.com