SX-101 MK 3 update

Eric Lawson elawson at INFICAD.COM
Sat Mar 22 21:47:05 EDT 2008

Well, my SX-101 MK3 has been put back together.  I ended up taking the
entire tuning capacitor gear train apart so I could clean and lubricate the
entire mechanism.  The radio now feels very smooth when I move the tuning knob.

Next is to clean the pots and tube sockets and after that start checking
component values/capacitor leakage.

For what is is worth, I spent the morning practicing parallel parking a 40
foot bus.  I was quite surprised at how simple it is to get a 40 foot long
by 8 foot wide bus into a 12 foot by 50 foot parking spot.

Eric