Heathkit, Hallicrafters, Stancor, Swan and Misc

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Tue Mar 25 21:56:46 EDT 2008

Here are some items for sale.  Prices do not include shipping unless
noted. The $10 shipping is a flat rate box with a delivery confirmation
  I will ship overseas.

Heathkit HW-16 3 Band CW Transceiver..........$120 plus shipping
I have tested this and it works well. The receiver picked up lots of
signals on 40 and 80 including the 9X0R and 5T5 DC DXpeditions on 40 CW
the other night. 15 was dead but I could hear my signal generator. The
transmitter output is 50 watts or better on a Bird wattmeter into a
dummy load. The sidetone works and so does the break-in. The only
electrical issue is that the on-off switch on the back of the volume
control is not working and I soldered a jumper across the terminals.
Until this is repaired, you need to plug the radio in to turn it on.
This radio looks good cosmetically with a few scuffs and paint chips.
Their are no dents or dings. All of the knobs are correct and their are
no extra holes. All tubes have been tested and are all good including
the 6GE5 final tube. Includes a manual on CD and I’ll throw in an spare
6GE5 final tube.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hw-16.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hw-162.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hw-163.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hw-164.JPG

Hallicrafters SX-43 Receiver with Manual....$175 plus shipping
The receiver works but would benefit from a restoration. I listened to
signals on the AM broadcast band, WWV at 5, 10 and 15 MHz as well as
signals on several short wave bands. I did not hear signals on the
higher bands or on the FM band so I would assume it needs help. The
s-meter works, the BFO and crystal filter work. Cosmetically, it has
lots of scuffs and scratches as can be seen in the photos. It has all of
the correct knobs. It does not have any dings, dents or extra holes.
This is a a heavy receiver. Includes a photocopy of the manual.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/sx43.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/sx432.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/sx433.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/sx435.JPG

Heathkit DX-60 Transmitter Original Manual...$20 shipped
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/heathdx60manual.JPG

Stancor 203-A Mobile AM Transmitter with Manual....$65 plus shipping
These were available from Stancor from 1948 to 1954. This is a 5 tube AM
transmitter covering 27 to 32 MHz with a power input of 27 watts. It
uses a 6J5 driving a 6V6 driving a 2E26 with a pair of 6V6's for the
modulator. This is untested. Cosmetically the transmitter is not bad
however it has an incorrect knob (the top knob) and the two RCA jacks
have been replaced with BNC connectors. It appears that it would not be
difficult to put back the original RCA jacks. It's rather rare to find a
50's mobile transmitter or receiver that doesn't have any extra holes
drilled in the enclosure. The bottom cover does not look to be original.
According to the Moore Transmitter book, conversion kits for 75, 40 and
20 meters were available for this transmitter. Includes a photocopy of
the manual.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/stancor_xmtr.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/stancor_xmtr3.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/stancor_xmtr4.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/stancor_xmtr2.JPG

UTC D4049 High Current Choke.............$65 plus $10 shipping (USA)
The specs are 10 henries at 325 mA. DC resistance is 100 ohms.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/utcd4049.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/utcd40492.JPG

Bliley 100 KC Crystal - NOS, NIB.......$15 plus shipping
Bliley KV-3 100 kHz Crystal. This is NOS and new in the box.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/100khzxtal.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/100khzxtal2.JPG

Automate Dow-Key Clone Coaxial Relay......$25 plus shipping
Automate relay made by Automatic Metal Corp which looks identical if not
more ruggedly built than a Dow-Key relay. This is a 6 VAC unit with Type
"N" connectors. This unit works and is in excellent condition.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/antenna_relay.JPG

Large Transmitter Coil on Ceramic Form.....$20 plus $10 shipping (USA)
The dimensions are 8 inches long by 3.5 inches in diameter. Their are
two coils within the inside of this coil that rotate and are adjusted by
a shaft protruding through the coil. I have no idea what transmitter
this might have come out of.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/bigcoil.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/bigcoil2.JPG

Swan Model FP-1 Phone Patch.........$10 plus shipping
Although a phone patch isn't of much use today, this does make a neat
accessory to go with your Swan equipment if you happen to be a Swan
collector.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/swan_phonepatch.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/swan_phonepatch2.JPG

Swan 700S Front Panel and Dial.........$15 plus shipping
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/swanpanel.JPG

73 and thanks for looking.
Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector