EQUIPMENT QUESTION

Meir-WF2U wf2u at WS19OPS.COM
Mon May 26 21:16:08 EDT 2008

Bob,

My first "ham" and not surplus receiver - was the Geloso G4/214 in 1964. I
used it for almost 10 years and did the DXCC on CW with it. The G209 is just
the older model of the same receiver, with almost no differences except for
cosmetics and maybe a tube or two.
I have 2 G-214/G-222TR stations now, waiting for a little maintenance work
(recapping the receivers' supply filter electrolytics) and the both
transmitters need restoration to the original as they both have some ham
modifications. No big deal but I like stuff original, and I just have too
many projects for immediate satisfaction of putting these rigs on the air.
I paid $250 for each pair.
There is a good Geloso site where all the documentation is available for
download. Just Google for Geloso.

They're nice radios, conservative design, but I like the way they look.

73, Meir WF2U
Landrum, SC

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Bob Peters
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 8:30 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: EQUIPMENT QUESTION

Hi Guys, Anyone heard of or know the value of a Geloso Receiver and
transmitter combo???
A G-209 Receiver and a G-222 Transmitter. Stuff looks fantastic but very
little on the web from the USA.. It is CW and AM only built late 50's
early 60's. Any idea on value???

Very Best 73's
Bob W1PE
The Voice of Mesquite
www.w1pe.com

"Money is only temporary, but radios are forever" - Jim Little aka "the
old dog"/K5BAI

6:49 PM

Checked by AVG.
6:49 PM