VFO Circuit using Space Charge Tube?

David C. Hallam dhallam at RAPIDSYS.COM
Wed Oct 1 11:39:08 EDT 2008

Back in the early 1950's when I was messing around with model airplanes, we
used a subminiature gas tube in the receivers with a 22.5V battery for the
plate supply for RC airplanes.  As I recall they were made by Sylvania and
had originally been developed for use in WWII proximity fuses.  This was
back when the first Citizens Band had been authorized.  We used 27.255 MHz.
I think I still have some of the crystals around I used in the transmitters.

David
KC2JD/4

http://www.tempe.gov/lists/control.aspx?list=BOATANCHORS