Gonset Super 6 HF Mobile receiver and a small variac for sale

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Sat Oct 11 00:46:17 EDT 2008

Cleaning up the ham shack and simplying my life. Having the following vintage ham gear for your consideration:

Item #1 is 2 radios: a Gonset Super 6 HF Mobile converter and a Gonset VHF Mobile receiver.Both are complete but only in fair shape (pictures on web - see note toward end of this list). The Super 6 covers 6 HF bands (75M, 40/49M, 20M, 15/19M and 10/11M) and downconverters them to a frequency in the AM broadcast band. You then feed that signal to your regular AM broadcast receiver. All the parts seem to be there except for the knobs (I was going to steal the knobs off the Gonset VHF receiver for these). Both receivers have external boxes and I have no idea what they are. All the tubes seem to be there. There is a manual for the Super 6 on BAMA. My intent was to use the VHF receiver as a parts unit for the Super 6.

Price for both receivers - post paid in the US - is $30.

Next is a small 120VAC (or 132 VAC if you change the wired tap) variac rated at 1.75A and mounted in a homebrew case.  Works great. Has a AC line cord, a 2-slot AC socket for the output, a on/off toggle switch, an indicator light and a bar knob to change the voltage. Very nice for bench work. I have gotten a bigger unit so don't need this anymore.

Price for the variac - postpaid in the US - is $35.

For pictures, please check out my Picassa album at:
<http://picasaweb.google.com/bob.groh/HamRadioEquipment#>

Thanks for looking. Please drop me a line at <rgroh at swbell.net> if you are interested or have more questions. For payment, will accept PayPal, checks or money orders.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY