Looking for one, single solitary HC-4/U crystal socket (for FT-243 crystal)

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Mon Oct 13 20:58:10 EDT 2008

Moving along with my WRL 680A transmitter overhaul and would like to replace the front panel crystal (FT-243) socket. Alas, no low cost solutions available. There are sockets available but they are pricey (worth it but still pricy) and shipping on top - ouch.  The socket on the 680A is 'ok' but has one piece of the phenolic busted - it is useable as is.

So does anyone have HC-4/U socket available for rebuilder's of modest means. I hate to have the most expensive item in the rebuild be this little socket!

By the way, I do have plenty of sockets for the HC-6/U.  Long story there - I thought they would work ..... until I tried a FT-243 crystal in them.  Right spacing but wrong diameter!  A learning experience.

73
Bob, WA2CKY