[Boatanchors] Imagine a world without hamfests

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 14 14:11:46 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 1:23 AM, Jim<jbrannig at optonline.net> wrote:

> I don't know how you got the impression that the mainland has continuous hamfests.
> Sadly, most of the local hamfests are gone or poorly attended.

I don't and I know.  I moved to Hawaii nine years ago (I was K3MXO
before the move.) and know what was happening even then.  From the
comments on the various lists, I also know the situation has worsened.
 At the same time, the responses I get are how easy they are to find
and cheap they are at hamfests.  Sooo ... which hamfests?

> Mouser, Allied and many other parts houses have on-line catalogues and the
> USPS delivers.

None of them carry things like hacked BC-348Qs and other things I'll
put up in another post.  When I look for semiconductors and related
toys, I go to them.  Boatanchors, on the other claw, are a whole
different kettle of mustard seeds.

Best regards,

Michael, WH7HG
--