Heathkit, Howard, B&W, Drake and Other Goodies

Jon M. Schumacher jmsch at USINTOUCH.COM
Mon Feb 16 14:39:07 EST 2009

Dave,

That's a nice Howard 435.  I have a real beater that I have been working on for quite
a while.  As you mentioned in your comments, the dial face on mine is badly rusted
and the MHz scale just about non-existent.

I was planning to repaint the dial (after de-rusting it) and add a clear printed mask with
dial markings over the surface.  The radio, itself works great after re-capping.

No resoration work on the SX-9 yet, but I'll get to it one of these days.

                                             73,  Jon, K1NV
                                             Over-the-hump in Pahrump, NV