Microphones?

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jan 11 10:48:37 EST 2009

There is a very simple (3 capacitors changed) modification that you can make to your Apache that improves the transmit audio considerably.  Then unplug the 6AL5 clipper tube (you can replace this tube at any time).  For how to do this go to

http://k9sth.com/uploads/Not_so_scratchy_apache.pdf

for the article and the schematic is at

http://k9sth.com/uploads/audio_schematic_1.JPG

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

--- On Sat, 1/10/09, Lin Robertson <digital-conjurers at ROADRUNNER.COM> wrote:

From: Lin Robertson <digital-conjurers at ROADRUNNER.COM>

Nope, you're not imagining things... I use an old 1976 "silver Eagle" D104 with the mike preamp out of the circuit into my TX-1 which I run in AM mode only...this after a number of other AM stations commented on how much better it would sound; so I bypassed the amp, and the diff was very noticeable for the better.

And with a "scratchy Apache", you need it!  :)