Can anyone ID this radio?

Rodger wq9e at DTNSPEED.NET
Mon Jul 6 19:52:09 EDT 2009

Daryl is correct, a Knight R-195 to which a vernier tuning control was
added to the bandspread dial.

It was reviewed in QST in Oct. 1970 and it was noted that the bandspread
would have been better placed on the large horizontal dial; it appears
the previous owner used another method to slow the tuning rate.

The R-195 is an OK little receiver, I have one paired with my Knight
T-60.  The R-195 looks somewhat related to the Knight Star Roamer II but
the R-195 is a much better receiver.

Rodger WQ9E