list wisdom needed Triad MS90040

Jim Simmons orion at DATASYNC.COM
Fri Mar 6 19:31:51 EST 2009

Both Wilson and John offer good advice.  Without a schematic diagram of
the choke, you must determine if it has one core with two windings or
two separate cores.

John's suggestion will answer that.  If you put a small ac voltage on
one winding you should expect to read zero, or very low, volts on the
other winding.  This indicates that each coil has it's own core, and in
this case it would seem to be suitable for your HB 516-2.  If you read
substantial voltage on the other winding it indicates both coils are
wound on the same core.  In that case it would not be suitable.

Jim, N5MSJ