Clock needed for Heath

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 18 12:04:03 EDT 2009

There already is a hole in the unit that is covered by a removable plastic strip that is held in by slots.  I flushed out the gearbox with WD-40 and then lubricated it with musical valve oil (a very fine lubricant that does not change viscosity over the years).

The motor has a removable cover that allows basically full access to the motor itself.  The motor has been cleaned and relubricated as well.

The gearbox is sealed with some sort of material that may be epoxy.  It is not soldered.  If I cannot find a suitable replacement then the next step is to remove the epoxy and see just what is happening inside the gearbox.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com