Medium-ish power transformer - got to go!

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Tue May 26 15:48:00 EDT 2009

Cleaning up and found this transformer - medium power, I think but some might be interested. If no one
wants it, it will given away locally or, baring that, it is going into
the trash.

No idea of the power rating(1/2 KW???) but it has a 3 tap primary
(105/115/125 V) and a center tapped HV secondary with short ceramic
terminals. I measured the ac output with a variac on the input and got
610 VAC (one side to CT) with 50 VAC input on the 125 V tap.

That
implies about 3 KV center tapped (i.e. 1500 v each side). Size is small
(about 5-1/2" x 6-1/4" x 7-1/4") in a sheet metal case and it weighs a
bit over 25 lbs.  Only ID says 'ETCO 933-2  NY'.  Might be reasonable for a little 1/2 gallon linear or a classic 1 KW unit.  I'm guessing here but the current rating is probably a couple hundred mA????

Cost: $8 for shipping supplies and aggravation plus the cost of
shipping from zip code 64014.  Figure the shipping weight will be 30
lbs.

If you are interested, drop me a line at <rgroh at swbell.net>.  First money gets it.  PayPal ok.  Thanks for the bandwidth.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY