618S-1 (AN/ARC-38) & 170L/180L autotune sensors

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 12 22:53:07 EST 2009

Building an autotune rig including the antenna tuner using the sensors
& discriminators from the subject equipment in the back of mind for
quite a while .  Granted there are easier ways to do things now in the
age of no-tune semiconductor rigs but this is an itch that needs to be
scratched.  The idea is to use the sensors/discriminators from the
subject rigs to drive semiconductor control circuits which, in turn,
would control DC motors.  Semiconductors should be more sensitive and
faster while the DC motors don't need a supply of 400 cycle power.

While I know I can get the 170L/180L (CU-991) discriminator and SWR
sensor from Fair, I don't know that I can get the RF & PA tuning
sensors/discriminators without picking up the entire assemblies.  At
the same time, I'd prefer to keep things "in the family" as it were so
am asking if any list member[s] have any antenna tuner discriminator
and/or the RF & PA deck discriminators (with or without the decks)
they wouldn't mind parting with.

Thank you.

best regards,

Michael, WH7HG