[Boatanchors] 12 volt dynamotors & vibrapacks (and rotaryinverters?)

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 3 21:45:52 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Al Parker <anchor at ec.rr.com> wrote:
>   Golf cart batteries are 6v and lotsa AH rating.  And very common "onshore"
> at least.

In a state where there was a race between building new golf courses
and building new housing projects, I should have thought of that.  I'm
told hawaii has more golf courses per square mile of useable land than
any other state.

Okay ... I need to see a bunch of poeple about carts ... or the
batteries therefor.

> "there is nothing -absolutely nothing- half as much worth doing as simply
> messing about in boats."
>  Ratty, to Mole

How true.  How so very true.  I haven't been under sail for a while
but the canoe club next door just magically came up with some 14' or
so sailboats (the kind the local schools use) and I need to go find
out if there are more where they came from.  If so, I want to get one
to ... well, mess about in.  It looks like they did a mix & match on
the canvas (and maybe a couple of spars) to get complete good sets but
I'm not so picky so long as there are no major holes or other
irritations involved.  The idea is to be able to get out no more than
a mile or so offshore, then just have a lot of fun surface snorkeling.
 Or do some coastwise for photo purposes.  I'm easy.  :-)

Best regards,

Michael, WH7HG
--
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx