[Boatanchors] 12 volt dynamotors & vibrapacks (and rotary inverters?)

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 3 21:58:12 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 3:20 PM,  <jcoward5452 at aol.com> wrote:
> I can still get 6V auto batteries at Kragen Auto for my '64 VW
> Bus.Also,Batteries Plus has a line of sealed lead acid types for older car
> enthusiasts.

Yep, and they're available here.  Shipped on special order dry (not
dry charged, just dry) from the mainland by surface shipment because
they apparently can't travel by air over the ocean.  (Why would a
completely dry battery qualify for hazmat rules?)  My neighbor has a
'62 bus and recently told me the fun he had trying to get a new
battery for it last year.  Our local friendly NAPA deal has sulphuric
acid so he was able to fill it locally without problem.  Even sealed
lead acid batteries can be a problem, I guess because they can be
damaged in shipment but aren't they gel cells so leakproof?

Best regards,

Michael, WH7HG (living in a land of really weird weirdness)
--
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx
http://wh7hg.blogspot.com/