FS: BC-610(I) & SX-28

butwheat butwheat73 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 12 21:52:54 EDT 2009

Holey Cow,

About 20 years ago I GAVE AWAY a perfectly good, as original BC-610
with modulator to some fella that, on a hand shake, promised me it
would NOT be parted out to build some other amp or . . .

A few months later I went lookn fer his web site of Halliscrathers
boat anchors, and it had gone bellyup, gone. Darn.

The stories I'd heard about bomber crews dumpin these units over China
at the end of WWII to git rid of em and not hafta do paperwork, then
the ever resourceful locals draggin em outa the rice paddys to the
local army depots wanting reparations, well, what fun, and history.

Anyway, I got over the AntiqueModulation bug, and had more efficient
ways to put big sig CW, and my shack was shrinking, so I offed this to
what, at the time seemed to be, a person who seemed to be interested
in keeping this fine ol' dog on in life, but now I have no idea if it
is still alive. I also gave this fella a big tall Motorola low-band
cop base radio that was transverted to 52.525 FM simplex, since that
was awfully dead round here then, gosh, sure hope it's still alive and
well at around 100w or so, continuous duty.

Guess I'll keep the cupla ol Collins WWII rx I still have unless some
lawyer (gosh, sure don't wanna go there) can assure me that it too
won't be parted out.

<rant off>

I do have an ol RayJeff solid state RDF unit I've yet to find an
appreciated home for . . .

Regards, GL es vy 73 de Mark KX8XX

...-.-