Microphones FS - Hi and Low Z

Ken Simpson, W8EK W8EK at SPEAKEASY.NET
Mon Sep 7 08:54:31 EDT 2009

Microphones For Sale - Desk, Hand, and DTMF Touch tone:

Yaesu YD-844 Desk Microphone

This is a 50 K impedance desk microphone that really looks
sharp. It has a standard PTT switch on it, and also a
locking PTT switch. The YD-844 dynamic base station microphone
is an optional accessory made by Yaesu. Made of a heavy cast
metal it uses a dynamic 50K ohm element.

A picture can be seen at
http://www.eham.net/data/classifieds/images/289870.jpg
or
http://www.foxtango.org/ft-library/FT-Library/Eighties/yd-844.jpg

This particular mic works fine and looks very close to new.
No scratches or imperfections. $100

Swan Hand Microphone For Sale:

This high impedance hand microphone says Swan on the
front, but is actually a Shure CM4AB, with the Swan
logo added by Swan.

It has a 1/4 inch stereo connector on it, and can be
used with Swan, but also many other rigs (such as early
TenTec) that require a Hi Z mic with the 1/4 inch plug.

This particular mic works fine and looks really great.
No scratches or defects. $30

Turner Hand Microphone
J 450 C, Ceramic Hand Microphone
Black/Dark Gray front, with brownish/light gray back.
Dark PTT button.
This is high impedance mic, presently with stripped and
tinned ends.
This particular mic works fine and looks like new. $30

Radio Shack Hand Mic with DTMF Tones, plus many extra buttons
This mic has the modular 8 conductor plug like a computer
LAN on it.  The mic has a 16 digit touch tone pad on it,
along with buttons for up, down, VFO, MR, MHz, Call, and
of course PTT.  It also has a lock switch.  Lettering is
very clear, and coiled cord is in great shape. $45

Generic Hand Microphone
This is a low impedance hand microphone, black in color.
It is presently has an 8 pin round connector, wired for
Kenwood.  $25
As above, with no connector.  $22

Azden PCM-463 hand microphone
This is a standard hand microphone with up and down
switches on it. It also has a "Memory 1 Call" button
on the top of the PTT switch. I think this was used
with the Azden PCS-5000. I know I used the PCS-5000
on packet, and have now found the mic that was once
with the rig. I also used packet on a PCS-4000 and
PCS-6000 at various times, so it is possible that
this mic might be used with either of those. $30

Regular hand microphone
Electret Condenser microphone
Generic Black mic, with gray PTT bar. Requires polarizing
voltage. $25

Lafayette EAM-15 dynamic hand microphone
2000 ohm impedance can be used any place a dynamic mic is needed.
Stripped and tinned leads.
It works fine, and looks good also. $25

DTMF Touch Tone Microphones For Sale:

Drake 1525 EM Touchtone Microphone
Normal hand mic from the front, but has a touchtone pad
on the back. Four pin mic plug. Used, but in good shape.
Includes paper work. $35

CES 600 L, Universal DTMF microphone
This has a normal touch tone pad on the front, with
a low impedance microphone. This one has the 8 pin
modular plug (like a computer LAN) on it. This mic has
not been used, so it is in really great condition.
With paper work for $40.

CES "Micropad" touch tone mic
No model number on it, but it has a 12 digit pad on the
back. Low Z mic element with round 8 pin connector
wired for Kenwood. $38

Data Signal "Data-Coder 5" touch tone mic
This mic has a 12 digit touchtone pad on it, plus a
normal low impedance microphone. With 4 pin plug.
Like new. $38

Prices do not include shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson