Gonset Communicator II's

The Pollacks rinkies at ATT.NET
Tue Feb 2 17:12:18 EST 2010

In the late 50s my Sullivan Co, NY Civil Defense group had a few of these,
which we took home (promising to return them at the first sign of nuclear
attack!) and had some local qsos with them with other novices at the time.
I also worked a few 2m mobile tourists coming through the area.  As I
recall, I used the little whip on top for an antenna, too!

Thanks for the memories!

Ron K2RP

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Michael Bittner
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 1:56 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: Gonset Communicator II's

In the early 1960s Oswald Villard, W6QYT (SK) of Select-O- Ject fame (QST
Nov 1949, Pg 11) hooked a Gonset Communicator to the Stanford Big Dish
http://www-star.stanford.edu/rsg/bigdish.php as he reported at a meeting of
the Stanford Amateur Radio Club.  I don't remember any details of the
results.  Mike W6MAB