CK719 and 1N71 info ?

Chuck McGregor cbmcg at COMCAST.NET
Fri Feb 5 21:19:25 EST 2010

On 2/5/2010 2:01 PM, rick darwicki wrote:
> I'm looking for pinouts and specs on these little SS goodies that look like metal 6H6s, any help?
>
> Raytheon CK719 transistor
>
> Sylvania 1N71 diode

!N71  Low Impedance Varistor
"Consists of four specially selected and matched germainium diodes whose
resistances are balanced within +/- 2.5% in the forward direction at 1.5
volts.  For additional balance, the forward resistance of each pair of
varistor crystals are matched within 3 ohms.  Ratings shown are for each
diode:
Continuous reverse working voltage   40 volts max
Reverse voltage for zero dynamic resistance  50 volts min
Forward current at 1 volt  15 ma min.
Average anode current  60 ma max
Recurrent peak anode current 200 ma  max
Instantaneous surge current  1000 ma max
Reverse current   300 uA max at -30v "

Data from "Crystal Diode Circuit Kinks", Sylvania Electric Products, 1952

Looks like it was designed for balanced modulators.
73,
Chuck N7RHU