WE resistors

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 6 05:57:09 EST 2010

First off, I am not going audiophool.  On the other hand, I do want to
build an 5 watt or so per channel amp for my computer speakers and TV
adapter since the ones available now are pure junk.  With that, while
the design will be conventional, I'd like to use unconventional
components to result in an unconventional appearing system just for
fun and maybe provide fodder to take a gentle poke at the audiophools.
 While I'm still pursuing unusual appearing tubes, the flat, glass
enclosed and other "different" resistors that were used (I think) in
COs and/or switchboards are of interest.  Since I couldn't find any
BSP that covered them in any way or form, I'm asking here what their
power handling capabilities and other characteristics were.

Meanwhile, has anyone seen any RS Minimus 7 speakers around that
haven't fallen prey to the bay place pricing?

Best regards,

Michael, WH7HG
--
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx