WE resistors

David C. Hallam dhallam at RAPIDSYS.COM
Mon Feb 8 18:11:48 EST 2010

I have been a buyer on eBay for about 11 years and a seller for about 9.
  I have never had a bad experience.  When I buy ham equipment my
expectations about conditions are low and I bid accordingly.  I have
notified eBay on several occasions about excessive shipping costs for
auctions where I did not bid.  Some sellers use high shipping cost as a
way to make more money and get around eBay's final value fee.  Yes, they
do get a cut of the PayPal charge for the included total but it is not
as great as the final value fee.  That's why eBay has some interest in
controlling excessive shipping.  There was a local seller who sold
things for 99 cents and charged $50 or more for shipping.  She got
kicked off of eBay.  Her things had enough value that people would pay
the price.

Shipping cost is becoming a problem for sellers who care.  Rates are
going up and up.  Except for unusual circumstances, I do not charge for
packing materials.  I weigh all items and add my estimate for weight of
boxes and packing.  Usually I am very close.  I have refunded overage of
shipping charges where I over estimated and eaten the cost where I have
under estimated.

David
KW4DH

--

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of