AM Xcvrs ??

Meir WF2U wf2u at WS19OPS.COM
Sun Feb 14 14:15:11 EST 2010

Bob,

Gonset G76. Not a true transceiver as it has separate transmitter and
receiver frequency control, but a complete single front-panel HF
receiver/transmitter package in one case.
 I can't resist but mention the WW2 military AM-CW transceiver with single
knob frequency control, the first true transceiver for HF ever manufactured
(1939) for the British/Allied Forces, the Wireless Set No. 19. Many of them
are still on the air.

73, Meir WF2U
Landrum, SC

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Bob Jackson
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2010 1:19 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: AM Xcvrs ??

Fellow BA-ers ...

Is there such a thing as an AM/CW (only, i.e. SSB-less) XCVR? Lots of SSB
rigs (incl my 20+ yo BB rice box) have AM capability as a "second language"
but really don't like the mode on xmit. All AM rigs I ever knew about were
Milsup sep units.

Tnx & 73 to all,

Bob  AG5X