National Radio RCE Manual

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Wed Jul 7 15:23:17 EDT 2010

Thanks to the guys who responded with offers to scan the schematic of
the National RCE receiver. Well it turns out I had the manual after all
and an original one at that. I bought this radio 11 years ago and
completely forgot about the manual. The manual I have says serial
numbers 1 to 40. My radio is serial number 187. Hopefully the
differences are minor if any. My radio was made by Westinghouse
according to the tag and has an October 1937 manufacture date.

It will take a while to scan the manual but if anyone needs the
schematic, you can download it here:

http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/rce_schematic035.jpg

Several people asked for photos.

Here are a few photos of mine.

http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/Nat_rce.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/Nat_rce3.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/Nat_rce5.jpg

I added the audio transformer on the back to match an 8 ohm speaker.

73,

Dave N7RK
Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector