diodes available

Paul Litwinovich paull at WSHU.ORG
Tue Jul 20 12:00:08 EDT 2010

I recently aquired about 60,000 Transitron brand diodes. Transitron went belly up in 1986, these diodes are dated 8/25/67,the spools are marked SG5557 They have a forward drop of .58 volts so they do not appear to be germanium or a zener (most zeners have a forward drop of about .75 and I can't find a breakdown when applying up to 16 volts) they have the number 828017CL on the diodes.I can't find any info on them on line. they are the size of a typical glass diode fron that time period, like a modern 1/4 wat resistor.

They seem to behave like 1N4148s.

I will never use 60,000 diodes in several life times.

No reasonable offer refused for the whole lot (they are on 20 spools of 3000 each) or any small quantity mailed if you pay the postage.

Paul A. Litwinovich
Director of Engineering
WSHU AM&FM WSUF FM
PG-GB-039245