HF Vertical Antennas, and UHF Mobile FS

Ken Simpson, W8EK W8EK at FLHAM.NET
Sat Jun 26 09:31:56 EDT 2010

For Sale:

HF Vertical Antennas, plus other antennas and related items

These two HF Vertical antennas are located near Ocala, Florida,
near I-75.  They are disassembled, on the ground, ready for
pickup, and reassembly at your QTH.  Paper work is included, as
are all parts, to the best of my knowledge.  I was careful with
disassembly, so it should be easy to reassemble them.  Due to
their size, it is just not practical to ship them.  Other
antennas and related items can be shipped, of course.

HyGain HyTower HF Vertical Antenna:

The HyGain HyTower HF vertical covers 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10
meters. The WARC bands (and 160 meters) can be added, but
are not a part of this antenna at present. This is an extremely
rugged antenna, consisting of about 30 feet of actual tower,
with additional stubs for tuning. Total height is about 50 feet.

Automatic band selection is achieved through a unique stub
decoupling system so that an electrical 1/4 wavelength (or
odd multiple) exists on all bands. Unity gain on 20, 40, 80;
2 dB on 10/15 Meters.

This particular antenna is in good condition. As far as I know,
all hardware is included. If putting it up myself, I would
probably paint the tower sections, but there is very, very
little surface rust.

Due to size, this is pick up only, near Ocala FL, close to I-75.

This antenna sells for $950 new. With paper work for $350.

Gap "Titan" HF Vertical Antenna:

The Titan is an 8 Band Multiband DX Antenna. It covers 80
thru 10 meters, including the WARC bands.  It covers the
entire band on 40 thru 10, and about 100 KHz on 75/80 meters.
It is about 25 feet tall, and includes a counterpoise, so
that no radials are required.

One of the primary virtues of the Titan is the GAP center
feed. By elevating the feed the earth loss is dramatically
decreased, which means the RF is going out to make the contact
instead of into the ground to warm the earth. Reducing the
earth loss eliminates the need for a radial system. The
Titan requires NO RADIALS.

This particular antenna is in extremely nice shape with no
corrosion.  Most of the aluminum is still shiny.  If I were
putting it up myself, I would clean the connections with a
Scotchbrite sponge, but it is in great condition.  I will
even furnish the sponge!

These sell new for about $400.  This one is close to new,
with paper work for $250.  Pick up only near Ocala FL.

Avanti "On Glass" antenna for 440 MHz:

This antenna was made by Avanti to mount on a windshield,
or other glass. It does not require a ground plane, as
it is a 1/2 wave antenna, rated to have 3 db gain. It is
ideal for places where a ground plane is not available,
such as a boat or motor home, in addition to cars. A
special tuning box is included to match to your particular
situation.

Avanti Antenna for 440 MHz
Still in its original tube, unopened. $33

Hustler "Super: High Power Resonator:
"Super" high power resonator (good for 2 KW PEP):
20 meter RM-20 S $20

Prices do not include shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson