Meissner Signal Shifter Coils and Advice

Bob, W5UQ W5UQ at ATT.NET
Sat Mar 13 09:19:31 EST 2010

I had a Meissner Signal Shifter when I was 14 years old.  When I got my
novice license, I used it, coupled into  80 or 40 meter folded dipoles.
Didn't understand 50 ohm to 300 ohm then.
I surmised that I had all of 6 watts... maybe...   I worked stations all
over the place and actually got WH6's in Hawaii with it on 40 meters.
Then I got a Heathkit AT1 kit and sold the Meissner.

Fond memories... :-)
Bob Hardie-W5UQ
was WN5EUQ then W5EUQ for a total of 53 years...

Life is like a bowl of chocolates.
Or is it a box of Cherrios?
uh... cherries?  Yeah... bowl of cherries...
now I've forgotten my point.
Darn CRS!!! Or is it CDR?