Galaxy III for sale cheap !

Mike Langner mlangner at SWCP.COM
Thu May 13 17:08:23 EDT 2010

Hello !

Another great old-timer from the shelf of projects I'll never get to.

A Galaxie III from WRL.  According to the manufacturer:

 Galaxy III:  transceiver, 3 band:  Ad:  APR 64 QST; price
$349.95 wired; 300 watts CW/SSB; 80 thru 20 meters; sensitivity
0.5 uV at 10 dB signal to noise ratio; 6 pole 9.0 MHz crystal
filter; selectivity 2.1 KHz at 6 dB, 3.8 KHz at 60 dB; carrier
suppression exceeds 45 dB; unwanted sideband suppression exceeds
55 dB, audio derived AGC free from pops and pumping over 40 dB
range; drift less than 100 hertz in any 15 minute period after
warm-up; less than 100 hertz change with 10 percent line voltage
change; 5 kilohertz dial calibration with over 8 inches of
circular scale length; two speed tuning (72:1 and 12:1), 6CK6
driver; pair 6GH5 finals; weight 13 lbs; power supply
requirements, 800 VDC @ 400 mA, 340 VDC @ 200 mA, -100 VDC @ 35
mA, 12 VDC @ 1 A, and 12 VAC/DC @ 5 A.

I do not have a power supply.  I've checked all tubes except the
finals and the 6HG6 which my Hickock 600 cannot test. All are good.

$35 plus shipping from 87114.

Thanks !

Mike/
K5MGR