Sticky Wax

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at LMCENG.COM
Thu Oct 28 03:12:36 EDT 2010

You guys just need to look for the original stuff!

I have a full bottle of GC Electronics No. 1215 Liquid Non-Slip. The
label promotes it "For Slipping Dial Belts and Cords."

The liquid is very low viscosity, much lower than liquid rosin flux. The
label suggests "Avoid getting on pulley shafts or bearings." :)

The price label shows it sold for $0.48 for 2 ounces. Back in the day...

I'm pretty sure it is just rosin dissolved in alcohol. I recall it dries
to a dark yellow sticky powder. But, this was the Real Thing for dial
cords that slipped! Back when there were dial cords...

Larry

On 10/27/2010 11:23 PM, Kludge wrote:
> Those of you who live where surfing is a big thing might want to look for
> board wax.

Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, CA  (20 miles southeast of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)