[Boatanchors] NC270 Muting

Dale Parfitt parinc1 at frontier.com
Thu Apr 7 11:15:07 EDT 2011

Have you looked at the schematic? The external  screw terminals appear to be
controlled by the standby switch- so as you put the RX in standby, those two
terminals are shorted for external relay operation- they are not for muting.
If you want to mute the RX, I would think you could rewire those terminals
to emulate the standby switch- a logical AND gate - (caution, there is B+ on
that switch) or  wire the speaker in series with those terminals and use the
extrernal relay to open up the speaker line.

Dale W4OP