[Boatanchors] HAMCOM 2011 AM FORUM

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Tue Apr 26 08:47:36 EDT 2011

Hi All me again. We have been working on the AM Forum and today received the
go ahead for our speaker.
Thanks to Jay Miller KK5IM he gave me the following announcement:

Professional photographer and author Joe Veras, K9OCO, will present a
PowerPoint program featuring of some of the more than 2400 pieces of classic
ham gear he's photographed-- with a special emphasis on vintage AM gear.

Many of these outstanding images appeared in the "Radio Classics" calendars
published by CQ Communications from 1993 through 2007.  Joe's book, "50
Years of Amateur Radio Innovation:
Receivers, Transmitters, and Transceivers, 1930-1980" was  published by the
American Radio Relay League.

Joe has been a ham since 1957 and now lives in Birmingham, Alabama.

As I promised this will be one of the best AM get together in years. We
still do not know the time or room and hope to know that soon. Lets fill the
place up...We have all seen Joes work...

Very Best 73's
Bob Peters
W1PE

ARRL, QCWA, AM FOREVER

Money is only temporary, Radio is forever