[Boatanchors] Why didn't I think of that?

The Pollacks rinkies at att.net
Fri Aug 26 22:46:40 EDT 2011

My unvarying procedure when working on a piece of equipment is:

Step 1:  Take out all appropriate screws, bolts, and nuts, and put them in a
paper cup or other container.

Step 2:  While removing chassis from cabinet, knock the cup onto the floor
and never recover all the fasteners.

Why didn't I think of this?  Harbor Freight sells a magnetic parts holder
(Item # 97825).  It consists of a chrome color 6 inch bowl with a heavy
magnet on its base.  Not only do the screws stay put when (not if!)  I knock
the bowl over, the low profile and heavy base also help to keep it stable.
There is also a 4 inch version.  They are both on sale this weekend (at
least around here!) for $3 and $4.  There is also a larger holder with two
compartments for about $10.

They're also giving away a multimeter with any purchase with coupon in
newspapers.

(No, I don't have stock, but I'm thinking of buying some!))

Ron K2RP