[Boatanchors] Question: Old tubes with brown on glass near the getters

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Wed Feb 2 06:30:22 EST 2011

Sounds like they have been overheated, and mayt be burned up.
That is a trait of 6L:6s that I always associated with bad tubes, or
tubes that have been "rode hard and put up wet."

I repaired hundreds of push-pull 6L6  X2 and 6L6  X4 amps.
On the other hand most of the work I did on guitar amps using 6L6 bottles
was 30-40 years ago.