[Boatanchors] Large 4.25 Henry Choke

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Mon Feb 28 18:23:14 EST 2011

Guys - the bottom line is this thing will certainly handle a ham gallon
power supply as part of a choke input filter or as a PI network filter
and I don't believe it will get hot or disipate 800 watts in such an
application as some here claim, - not unless you short out your
RF final tubes to ground anyway! It's not going to get very hot in
amateur AM, SSB or CW service!

The perfectionist dissection has run its course. Time for the empirical
radio amateurs to have their go at this now.... grin!

I tested the choke and it is good, so whoever wants it can play with
it happily.