[Boatanchors] This list is moving

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Mon Jan 10 15:57:52 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:32:41PM -0800, Jim Hill wrote:
> The new list appears to be up and running, just waiting for the
> subscriber list to be installed.  I went to puck.nether.net and
> clicked on Mailing Lists, and a list of mailing lists was displayed
> in a format identical to qth.net.  Clicking on Boatanchors brought
> up a subscription screen, and the archives are working.  The only
> difference from the qth.net are the other lists.  Instead of
> familiar radio topics, they cover unfamiliar (to me) Internet type
> topics.
>
> It looks like we have a good new home.
> Jim

	Thanks Jim.  Puck has hosted a lot of Internet related
lists for nearly the last 15 years, and so I volunteered to host
the BA and Heath lists there when their future became uncertain in
Tempe and the archives would no longer be available.

	Speaking of thanks, I'd also like to thank Charlie and the
city of Tempe for hosting this list for so long.  I'm sure we all
appreciate it.

	Indeed, the list has been ready to go for about three weeks,
but we wanted to give everyone some notice this was coming before
moving the list over.

	Everyone:

	As Charlie mentioned, today is the day.  So, welcome to the
new boatanchors list.

	To post to the new list, send email to:

	boatanchors at puck.nether.net (you may wish to update your
				     addressbook now.)

	To access the list archives, use:

	https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/boatanchors/

	There's a small gap in December 2010 that I'll need to
backfill, but otherwise the archives are complete and usable now.

	To change subscription options, use: