[Boatanchors] FS: Heathkit DX-40 HF Transmitter
rgroh at swbell.net
Fri Jun 3 17:51:44 EDT 2011
Another ham was interested in my DX-40 so I the DX-40 on the bench, looked it
over and took some more pictures:
Here is a synopsis of what I found:
1. Dirty and dusty! Panel straight and lettering good. No extra holes.
2. Coax RF output changed to UHF connector. Also holes for another UHF
3. I think the power transformer has been changed - it looks good but
definitely doesn't look original.
4. Additional AC line filtering was added. Also noted 'smoke' stain on
chassis under ac wiring.
5. Chassis has a slight 'bow' in it - probably from weight of
6. RF coupling cap in PA output is now a 'door knob' type.
7. Case dirty but in good shape. There is a small cutout in back area.
8. No door on the crystal access area.
That's it. Take a look at the pictures and, if you are interested, drop me a
Asking Price: $40 plus shipping.
I estimated shipping to Texas would cost about $23 (UPS Ground) - I can give
any interested parties an exact quote if they will send me their "SHIP TO"
Thanks and 73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Boatanchors