[Boatanchors] CE 20A information

john johnmb at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 8 20:10:25 EDT 2011

As far as operating it, it seems to work as advertised. I've tuned it up as
instructed and it just works.  The nulling process with the "magic eye" is
fun and works EXTREMELY well. By alternately nulling the carrier, then
increasing the sensitivity of the  magic eye, you can really do a good job
of this process.

I find that once tuned, it stays tuned (and nulled) and the "matching" vfo
is surprisingly stable on 20m even if warmed up only for 5 min or so.  The
WRL LA1 linear  is driven well with the output of the 20A. I've used this
numerous times on the Vintage SSB net on 20m and always gotten good reports.

John