[Boatanchors] Dropped?

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Fri Jun 10 00:49:58 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 09:17:01PM -0700, The Pollacks wrote:
> For some reason, I got a message that I'm being dropped from the boatanchor
> list.  It said I needed to respond within a couple of days, but I was out of
> town for 2 weeks, and when I got back I got a curt note saying I was
> dropped, but I still seem to be getting the messages.

	It probably actually said not to respond, and that it was a probe
message.  Subscription probes happen when an email address has been
bouncing, to determine if it is still bouncing, or if the address should
be disabled.

> What's going on?  What do I need to do to get reinstated?

	Just log back into the site and re-enable your list subscription
or re-subscribe as needed.

	As for what was going on, the list was getting mail sent to your
address returned as undeliverable.  If it sees too many bounced messages
your subscription is disabled.

	This may be an AT&T issue, I've seen a lot of bounced mail for
att.net addresses in the past 3 weeks.

	Hope this helps,

	Majdi