[Boatanchors] Query BC-683 Tank Receiver

Lewis C. Emerson lemerson at juno.com
Sun Mar 6 15:03:01 EST 2011

Fred,

The tube line-up is: 6AC7 6J5 12SG7 6H6 6SL7GT 6V6GT

Can you use this to find the missing one?

Doc, W4ITJ

From: w7prv at teleport.com
To: boatanchors at puck.nether.net
Subject: [Boatanchors] Query BC-683 Tank Receiver
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 08:14:04 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Digging through old nearly forgotten boatanchors, I found a real one. This is the receiver used in tanks and is built like one. BC-683. O.K. Let's fire it up. Applying 24 volts, the dynamotor hums away but silence from the speaker. Opening it up, I see an empty tube socket. That might be a problem. With the radio on the bench with the multi-pin power and other wires socket at the lower right corner, the missing tube socket is right inside with a 6H6 tube there in the next socket to the left. What is the missing tube? We used a lot of that radio and the BC-603 when setting up a C.D. station years ago. There was a transmitter that went with the set-up and both operated with pushbutton frequency selection. Help would be appreciated!  Thanks, Fred W7PRV